Driverscan is a Software-as-a-Service platform provided by Apex Technology that lets users decode the information stored in South African and Namibian driver/vehicle license barcodes. The service offers a simple REST API that returns decoded JSON objects.
The decoding technology behind Driverscan was developed by Apex Technology. Amberstone was contracted to build out a robust web application around the decoder, to replace the existing web application.
The new application allows end-users to register and activate, then top-up their own account with an instant PayFast purchase. Optionally, users can contact Apex sales to be set up as a contract customer, and receive post-paid invoices.
The following features were implemented:
- Laravel 5.2 web application
- User account management, with self-service registration and activation
- Self-service top-up system integrated with PayFast (for pay-as-you-use customers)
- Backend integration to Freshbooks (for invoicing contract customers)
- Full scan audit, with every API call logged
- Error log audit accessible through the web interface
- Detailed API documentation with live cURL samples for rapid integration
- Marketing content on the front page
During deployment, the users and transaction history from the existing application were migrated over to ensure continuity of service.